Review: Yves Saint Laurent FoundationsIt has been quite sometime since I could get away with just a tinted moisturiser but I have struggled to find foundations that work well for me. With being ill my skin is crazy - extreme combination with a tendency towards dry patches & stress acne - so finding one foundation that copes well with both, covers well, lasts nicely & is easy to apply is a bit of a long shot.
However YSL has been my saviour in that respect, having released my two holy-grail foundations. I am no means an expert on YSL foundations, there are 5 and a half that I had never even heard of until I started writing this post (5 proper foundations & a BB cream) but these two are something special. I'm rambling....I really need to get better at writing these things. May I introduce my holy grail foundations, the YSL Le Teint Touche Éclat foundation & the YSL Youth Liberator Serum Foundation.
First off, how lovely are the bottles? They look so lovely, they are the sort of thing you want to put out with your perfume bottles so everyone can see them...
- Beautiful, no-makeup makeup appearance
- Light-Medium buildable coverage
- Easy to apply with a variety of tools
- Good lasting capacity
- A bottle lasts 1+ year with regular use
- Huge shade range
- Free from a lot of 'nasties'
- Kind of pricy (£29)
- Does need a little powdering unless you are dry skinned
O hell yes! I already have & I plan to continue doing so
- Light-Medium coverage that is more medium than light
- Feels amazing on the skin even when my skin is feeling awful
- Allegedly packed full of skincare goodies
- Invisible on the skin (according to my chief witnesses)
- Very blendable
- Great colour match for me
- Instant holy-grail foundation
- Pricy (£34)
- Small shade range (7 available in the uk)
- I don't really like having skincare in the mix that I didn't pick...