Star Chain - Christmas Card RecyclingYou have been inundated with Christmas cards, every surface is 6 cards deep & yes they are very nice but it seems a shame to just bin them as soon as Christmas is over. Sound familiar? This really easy & pretty alternative to paper chains could be the answer to your problems.
- a star shaped hole punch
- a bunch of left over cards
- a large needle (like a yarn needle)
- some twine
- Punch out as many stars from each card as possible
- Cut a length of twine as long as you want the star chain to be & tie a knot in one end.
- Thread the needle onto the other end of the twine.
- Sew the stars onto the twine by stabbing it through the star on one side & then pulling it through in a hole on the other side - if you are doing this with younger children it may be best if you make the holes with a sharp needle before they start sewing & give them a blunt needle to thread them with.
- Once you are close to the end of the twine or the stars you have, unthread the needle, tie a knot in the twine & enjoy!