Christmas Round upUsually I would do a 'Weekly obsessions' post on a Friday but I thought I would sum up my favourite posts from this months Christmas craziness.
I think I got a good range of posts in this list, maybe even one or two you missed or haven't had time to check out yet.
- Turkey, Cranberry Sausage Rolls: Christmas flavours always inspire some amazing recipes & I am so proud of this, it is one of the best savoury things I have ever made!These are going to be the 'stuffing' meatballs for Christmas in my house, they are that good.
- Decoration-A-Day Advent Calendar: This is the only Christmas decoration my mum has ever allowed up before the 14th - all through my childhood the Christmas Tree went up on the 24th & came down on the 26th. She doesn't even allow paper chains to stay up past the 30th. This, however I think she would be happy if I left up all year round. It is super cute & because there's no sugar involved we haven't had the stealing & screaming of accusations that usually accompanies the advent calendar...
- Orange Spiced Marshmallow: I don't tend to get out to coffee shops over the winter period, however enticing people make the Christmas specials sound & even when I did get into one yesterday, the thought of the empty calories in the Costa Coffee Honeycomb & Cream hot chocolate I was lusting over left me feeling nauseated (loosing weight has really done a number on the way I see food). This stuff has made up for all that I've been missing out on, however. Stick 1 or 2 of these in a mug of options hot chocolate & sit back with the most sumptuous Christmas drink for a fraction of the calorie cost (390 vs about 100-120).
- Pink Grapefruit DIY bath salts: this was part of my last minute DIY gifts post & it's what I'm giving my mum for Christmas. The bath salts smell INCREADIBLE & they look really pretty in the jar - the pink salts & the grapefruit zest giving it the slightest pink grapefruit tint. The lip gloss in this post it also, especially nice.
- Fruity Mincemeat, Frangipane Tart: The best use of mincemeat EVER! I like mincemeat usually but I often find that the flavour can be a little strong & overwhelming. In this incarnation the mincemeat flavour is definitely still there but it is sort of polished, lifted up a bit & given a whole new lease of life.
- Christmas Party Smokey Eye: I love a coloured smokey eye. I love dark eye makeup full stop but as I don't go out on an evening that often I don't really get a lot of opportunity to play around with it as a concept. Hence the reason I love Christmas! Around Christmas anything goes. I could wear this with a dark berry, glitter lip gloss, an all-over sequin dress & high heels at 10 o'clock in the morning & it would only be slightly eccentric. This smokey eye is stunning, however, whatever your Christmas event.
Stollen: This isn't really my recipe, it's my mums, & as such I don't like taking credit for it. It is, however, the best Stollen I have ever eaten & - as my brother liked to tell me, over & over again - that was, in no small part, down to having made them in miniature. It really does help with the bake time & with helping them retain that buttery moistness.