Sisterhood of the World Bloggers 'Award'
I've been tagged by Kit from a Rainbow at Night for the Sisterhood of the World, Bloggers Award & I am SUPER flattered. Kit is amazing & her blog is incredible. I tend to stay on the edges of the M.E. community, I am already spend enough time dealing with my M.E. I guess I kind of hide from too much of it. Rainbow at Night is one of those blogs that is an exception. I feel sometimes like she does the ranting for me in good way you know? It's a super cathartic blog to read because it makes me feel like I'm not alone it what I feel & that I'm....I don't know, not alone? I'm not explaining it very well but I am super flattered that she reads my blog & included me in this.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their site.
- Put the award logo on your site.
- Answer the questions the tagger has given you.
- Nominate ten people, and
- Make up ten new questions for those people to answer
1) What made today special for you?
I had stew & dumplings for lunch (one of my favourite foods), I got to play silly click & point games (or is it point & click?) for hours on end & I had healthy quinoa flour triple chocolate chip cookies to eat as snacks. All in all it was a pretty good day ^^
2) Why do you blog?
I started blogging/vlogging because I wasn't able to find many wheelchair fashion resources, then I did it because I had nothing else to do & it gave me a purpose & now I do it because...I guess because I can't give up & I would miss all of you. I feel like keeping up to this blog, as much as I can, is important in ways I don't understand. Probably also because I'm bonkers ^^
3) What is one thing you wish people understood about you?
I'm not sure. I kind of wish....I don't know. I'll try to come back to this question.
4) Which place that you’ve visited is your favourite?
France. I don't know why but I love being in France; maybe because it's a holiday & has that holiday feel, maybe because it's usually not grey when I'm there ^^. Whatever, I love being in France, I particularly loved being in Normandy recently, it's a really tranquil place although the fields don't have hedges which I found to be really odd....
P.S. a close second is North Yorkshire, it also has that real tranquillity but it's not quite the same, there is too much....compactness to it, too many people in not enough space.
5) Do you have a phrase, mantra, or quote that gets you through those exceptionally-difficult days?
I always feel like I should but I don't really. I get through by just getting through you know? I just don't let myself not... Does that make even the tiniest bit of sense?
6) What are you most proud of/feeling personally accomplished about?
I think I'm proudest when people get in touch to say how much the blog has helped or how much it means to them. I think of everything I've ever done, being a part of the M.E. community is the most important.
7) Do you have any creative outlets aside from writing?
I never think of myself as a particularly creative person but I guess I do a lot of creative things...I guess I think if I can't draw or do art I don't count, but I knit & I play around with makeup & clothes & (when it's possible) I bake.
8) What are you doing/have you done to leave this world a better place?
In the days pre - M.E. I was on school council, Leeds Youth Council & UK Youth Parliament. I did a bunch of stuff like that.
These days I do this & try to stay in touch with the M.E. community.
9) Do you enjoy documentaries?
I guess, I love that it is a form of learning I can still access.....I just....... It's hard to focus on them & I tend to struggle to find ones my attention span can cope with. Maybe I should look for ones aimed at toddlers :)
10) Is there a life tip you’d like to share?
I think my best tip is "Be kind to yourself", I think most people (myself included) are a lot nicer & more forgiving to other people than they are to themselves.
okay so I'm kind of stealing some of the questions...
- Why do you blog?
- Do you have a secret obsession?
- What is something you love to eat but try to avoid?
- Top three things on your bucket list?
- What post have you always wanted to write but never perfected?
- What was your favourite game (computer, console, board, card or playground) as a child?
- Who are the 4 people (alive, dead or imaginary) you would most like to invite to a fantasy dinner party?
- If you could pick one book, game or film universe to live in, which would it be?
- How do you keep going when you are really struggling with life?
- What do you hold to be the most important part of life? (e.g. helping people, having fun, job, kids, money......)